Thursday, September 26, 2013

The fog has lifted

Well, enough for me to form words into sentences. Which is huge because we're 5 days into this cold (it seems everyone is sick right now, huh?) and I'm SO over it, I can't even tell you. I'm a huge baby when I get sick. Adding insult to injury, the husband is gone for a WEEK long work trip in Denver. So I've been a sick single mom to a sick baby all week (who's better now...whew). The fun times never end around here! I swear, if someone had a camera on me while I tried to get breakfast & lunch made, bags packed, a dog walked, and a baby & adult dressed and ready to walk out of the house in a 1.5 hour time span (which felt like 10 minutes) you'd all be laughing right now. By the time I had dropped Emme off to the sitter's & made it to the Tim Horton's drive-thru, I was secretly hoping they were serving up mimosas.

Anyhoo! I'm checking in to share some photos that we had taken of Emme a couple of weeks ago. Can you believe she'll be ONE in just over a month? I know, every mama says it. Like, where did the time go? But I honestly can't believe she's almost one. She's a sassy spit-fire, so much like her mama, and becoming more and more independent by the day. I certainly don't miss those newborn months when no one slept for 3 months, but I'd also love to bottle up this baby time. It goes so fast!


 
 




 
 



all photos courtesy of Elizabeth Lee Millen Images

Aren't they fab? The photos were shot by my fabulously talented friend Liz Millen, who I hired to shoot Emme's birthday party in a month. As a bonus, she threw in this studio session, and we'll have these pictures in time to display at the party. If you're in the Buffalo area, check her out! She's booked until the end of the year, but find a reason to have her shoot your family, babies (or just you...ha!) sometime next year! These are only the sneak peeks, but I can't WAIT to see all of them! Not only are they just awesome photos, but the fact that Emme had no nap that day & went into the session in a good mood & cooperated with us...well, that's nothing short of a miracle!

So that's all folks. Time to take some more cold meds. See you next time...when I'm more lucid!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished