Thursday, April 26, 2012

HomeBads

Our HomeGoods is pretty HomeBads right now. It's undergoing a renovation and there's a lot of controlled chaos going on in there. Not to mention the merchandise is pretty blah. I suppose when everything is crammed into narrow aisles & spaces, there's not much room for anything new or exciting. Yet that doesn't stop me from going on a regular basis...that gift card from my birthday has been burning a hole in my pocket since March!

I've been itching for some organization lately. Our house is in a constant state of chaos, and I just can't keep up. I figured it's best to start small, and after seeing this idea for a dish soap dispenser, I was on board!





I found this olive oil dispenser for $3.99 & figured if it didn't work...meh, I was only out some spare change. Plus, it would save the husband from having to bend down and get the soap out from under the sink. See, now we're organized and the husband can't make up excuses as to why he can't do the dishes. No bending required! 





It remains to be seen if this is the most efficient way to dispense our dish soap, but again....spare change people, spare change. We could always go back to the under-the-sink method of storing things. But then the dishes just wouldn't get done. Knowing when to exert your efforts is sometimes a difficult decision.

On a totally unrelated note, I started using Picmonkey to edit these photos! Mild panic ensued when Picnik closed it's doors, but so far Picmonkey seems to be the best replacement (I suppose it should...I heard some old Picnik folks started it!). Free and no registration, thank you very much. More effects are coming soon, but so far I must say, I like.

Hmm....how's that for a really exciting post (about soap, no less)? Betcha wish you could get back those 5 minutes of your day!


1 comment :

  1. Ha! HomeBads! Funny! Great idea! Seriously, that place is a hot mess!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished