Monday, April 30, 2012

Some before & afters (without the befores)

I got a little spray paint happy this weekend. It had been awhile, so my hot little hands got a hold of some gold spray paint, and away we went! Naturally, I never thought to take before pictures. When I've got a project on the brain, I've got all I can do to pick up a camera. High tailing it to the finish line is far more important!




Awhile ago I had the genius idea that this formerly oil rubbed bronze bowl would look way better gold (I thought about it a solid 3 months before pulling the proverbial spray paint trigger). I had just purchased the sculpture-like sea creature above, with full-on plans to make it gold. So, as they say...have gold spray paint, will spray everything gold (or something like that). I'm loving my new gold sculpture-like sea creature. But the bowl? Not so much. These pictures don't do it justice, but it's so gold, it looks like one of Liberace's Goodwill outcasts.




Maybe my expectations for a spectacular after were too high? Or perhaps I sat on this one for way too long, overthinking the whole thing. Yep, that's it. So I'm planning to live with the results for now. Mostly because I'm too lazy or cheap to go out and purchase some oil rubbed bronze spray paint. It's the age old question....what would you do?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished