Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Epic fail

Remember this $7.99 Salvation Army find?


 
 
Yep, just clasify this project as one big.epic.fail. And to think I sacraficed the yoga pants, all for nothing! I had intended to rewire this lamp from the very beginning--not only for safety reasons (it was pretty old & crusty), but also because a 3-way setting made much more sense for late night feedings. I'm no stranger to rewiring lamps, but this baby proved to be too much of a challenge for your's truly. After undoing the existing wiring, try as I might, I could not get the new wiring threaded through the base of this lamp. After trying unsuccessfully 3,298 times, I figured the only option was to hack this thing in two. But at some point you learn to cut your losses, and instead go straight to Target for a replacement...  



 
 
It was an unexpected $68 I hadn't planned to fork over for a lamp. But since everything in the nursery (with the exception of the crib) is a budget/thrifted/Craigslisted find, I suppose $68 was a small price to pay in the end. It sure beats the $350 price tag for the West Elm lamp that I've had my eye on forever. I'm still debating it's prescence and placement in this room. But maybe that's just me being indecisive. Not to mention this room has gone from bad to worse in the last week. Don't believe me? Well, check 'er out!   
 
 
 
 
 
 
I keep telling myself that things have to get worse before they can get better. Right? We've gotten 95% of the husband's wardrobe out of this room, and into his new closet in another room. Closet space is at a premium in this household, so transitioning him to another room has been nothing but a challenge. Almost daily (without fail) I find him going into the nursery and then exclaiming, "this is NOT my closet anymore". Like a daily affirmation of sorts....
 
I intended to paint the dresser white, but had a massive guilt complex a few days ago (this was the husband's dresser since he was little). As much as I would have loved to paint this thing, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Which I think relieved the husband as much as it did me (yay--one less thing to do in here!). So I went to Anthropologie at lunch and bought a bunch of new hardware...which took me no less than 30 minutes to make a decision. And now I'm pretty sure I don't like any of what I purchased, and therefore a return trip to Anthropologie is in my near future. Pregnant people shouldn't have to make such intense decisions....
 
Besides, we'd rather be dressing up in our Halloween costumes or taking naps! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yep, this is how we entertain ourselves around here. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished