Friday, June 22, 2012

It's a....

At some point I intended to blog a bit more. But then it got hot (really hot!), I got exhausted & busy, and my fingers swelled up to the point where typing became an issue. Okay, not totally true. But I'm already getting a glimpse into my near future. With only 4 more months to go, the wedding bands are dunzo. I'm a planner, but I certainly didn't think this 'being pregnant in the summer' thing very thoroughly. Easy pregnancy? Check! Being pregnant in this heat? Yeah, not so much...

So if you're following me on Pinterest, or have checked out my pins (and don't know me already), then you probably guessed it....

It's A Girl Cake Bunting - Baby Shower Party Flags - Hand-stamped
via

We're beyond excited! If you recall, we were 100% convinced this baby was going to be a boy. But a few weeks before finding out, I'd secretely shifted my focus and was hoping for a girl. Needless to say, the husband was completely shocked (and excited!) to hear the news (and then there's me, who cries at the drop of a hat when I think about it...pure & utter joy I tell you!). I think it took a solid two hours for the news to sink in. But let me just tell you, we are over the moon. We're 98% on board with a name (okay, I'm 100% on board, the husband is 98%...depending on what day you ask, of course). And my mom has single handedly outfitted baby girl with an entire wardrobe for the first year of her life. To the point where I needed double the confirmation at yesterday's ultrasound that this baby was in fact a girl (it was). You can never be too sure! I mean, just think...the surprise of a boy would mean he'd be dressed very girly his first year....

I'm still working out the nursery in my head, but think I have a fairly clear vision for the plans of this room. Which is definitely not 'theme-y' or too 'baby'. Not that there is anything wrong with themey or baby...but that's just not the direction I'm heading. I'm navigating my way through Polyvore in the hopes of putting together a little mood board for baby girl's room. Inspiration for all! Plus, it keeps me on track for what I hope this lovely little room will turn out to be....

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished