Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The long weekend...



I spent a long weekend in Chicago with some girlfriends, to celebrate the shower of our good friend, a fellow mom-to-be. I lost track at some point, but we counted at least 7 preggos at the shower. Needless to say, a lot of our conversations revolved around pregnancy and being a mom! When we weren't busy talking about being pregnant, we enjoyed a little shopping, a night out for dinner, and lots of time catching up. Coming home to reality, work and TWO (yep, count 'em) two bats in our house last night (don't even get me started) has been a delight in every sense of the word (insert sarcasam now).

For anyone who's curious what I'm looking like these days....well, here you go. I've had a lot of people tell me how tiny I am for being 20 weeks, but no one is taking into account that my sumo arms and ass have taken on a life of their own. We're only halfway there, I'm afraid of what I'll be looking like when we reach the homestretch (Jessica Simpson perhaps?)....


Okay, so 3 out of 5 of us are pregnant here...I should probably point out that friends #2 and #3 (on the right) are NOT with child. They've been there, done that and happily drank for the rest of us all weekend.

I've yet to venture into maternity wear at this point (the tank is Gap, the skirt Target), but my girlfriend kindly donated a whole bag full of maternity gear that should help me out over the course of the next few months. I can only live in non-maternity maxi skirts, tanks and maxi dresses for so long, you know? I'm already getting sick of the few items in my rotation, and let's not even discuss how creative I've had to get while getting dressed for work each morning. I know, I know, life could be worse. It's just hard to justify spending cold, hard cash (and lots of it) on clothes I'll be using only temporarily. I'm also coming to grips with the fact that I've got a couple of weeks left (if that) until I have to retire my wedding rings. And shoes are a bit snug these days. Please, please tell me they'll shrink back to my old size...I couldn't bear to part with an entire shoe collection!

I'll be back soon to share some ideas I'm gathering for the baby's room! If you follow me on Pinterest (find me on the link above!), you'll see that I've been posting a bunch of stuff to my baby board. I'm not big on themes or anything too baby-ish, so some of the stuff that I've been pinning might give you a good idea of what direction I'm heading...and in so many ways totally giving away our baby's gender!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished