Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's showtime!

This past weekend we took my mom to the Junior League showhouse. It's a bi-annual event that we've attended for the last 4 houses. The event just happens to fall around mother's day too...the perfect "gift" for the momma!

Taking pics in the house is a big no-no, but I was able to find this link that features a few of the rooms (before and after) as well as history of the home. And I'm looooving this modern nursery by Room (the only photo I could find of this year's house)...


But before heading to the showhouse, we ventured out for lunch & some stops in my old neighborhood. We stopped at ReImagine, a fabulous explosion of retro furniture & home accessories. And I came home with this...


An Ice-o-Matic! I spotted it on the shelf & something about it brought back old memories...my mom saw it seconds later and said "that's like the one we used to have!". We joked with the shop owner that it might have been my mom's, since their inventory is scored at estate & garage sales, thrifting, etc.

And check out the inside of this modern marvel...


My mom said she used to crush big cubes of ice before blending them...and I vaguely remember using this thing myself! I don't know if this particular Ice-o-Matic will ever be used, but for now it's great decoration for the kitchen.

Although, if anyone is up for some margaritas....hmmmm, now there's a thought?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished