Friday, January 27, 2012

Take a seat

Again, here we go with another blog title that sounds vaguely familiar...

Anyhoo! Moving along. I've been doing a considerable amount of thrifting lately. I know there's a whopping two of you out there who are excited to see what I've picked up this month. But before you get yourselves overly excited...I haven't bought a thing. I've been visiting every last Goodwill, Salvation Army, Amvets, etc. in search of a few specific items (two nightstands and a small console table for the real, real entryway). In the words of the Rolling Stones, "you can't always get what you want". Mick must really be onto something here, because try as I might, I just can't find these damn things.

But in my journeys, a trip to Amvets turned up this beauty...


It's in mint condition, doesn't smell (always a bonus!), and was only $20. Not bad, huh? I'm no thrifting newbie, but I foolishly thought about this chair for an entire day before actually returning to purchase it. Luckily it was still waiting for me, but sadly, some other chairs I was eyeing had already gone home with someone. When I saw that this baby was still hanging around, I nearly took out kindly made my way around another shopper to snag it. There's no time like the present to make that thrifting purchase. Let that be a lesson to all! Me included.

I'd been looking for some extra seating in our living room, but check out just how ridiculous it looks next to our existing furniture...



OMG. Totally ridiculous, right? We have zero plans to replace our existing furniture right now (not to mention this oversized chair is uber comfy), so I'm thinking this thrifted beauty might be finding another place in our home. Depending on where it ends up, I'm planning to have it reupholstered. My mom and her mad skills used to reupholster stuff, but she recently informed me that she got rid of all her tools. What?? I know! So if anyone knows of a good reupholsterer in the Buffalo area...do tell!

And just because I'm excited to share, check out the beautiful fabric that recently showed up on my doorstep...


SIX beautiful yards of this greatness from Anna Horner's Innocent Crush line! As a side note, Fabric.com is fabulous by the way. It was my first ordering experience with them, and although I had heard how great they were...I guess I needed to place my very first order to see that myself! We're (i.e. my mom) are planning to make simple panels to add to the stairwell of the entryway. The lone window in that space has been bare for way too long. I'll be sure to share photos when we finish up this project!

TGIF!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished