Thursday, September 8, 2011

Deals & Steals

It's deals & steals time! I scored so many this past weekend, I don't even know where to begin. So let's get right to it, shall we?

Can anyone say, TWO side tables for the low, low price of FIVE DOLLARS?!


Why, yes please and sold! And no, that's not a misprint. Both tables came in at a grand total of $5! You can't tell from this picture, but they need work. The owner of this no-name junk store told us he priced them at $5 figuring someone (ie. me) would come along & be willing to restore and give them new life. I'm not sure what I'm planning to do with them just yet, but I knew I could not turn these down (doing so would be a crime!). The husband thinks (or perhaps wishes) I'm going to refinish & sell them. But you know what? The husband would be wrong. That same visit I also purchased a vintage milk jar (sorry, no pics) and costume jewelry...

Grand total: $10 (score!)

That same day (different shop) I purchased this mirror for our hallway...




Okay, for starters...let's ignore the mess in the man's den & the collection of just folded towels & sheets on the dining room table (where everything goes to live these days)....mmmm, k? I tried to crop them out of the photos, but I'm lazy...so welcome to my reality.

Anyhoo, back to the mirror! I've recently been on the lookout for a federal style mirror. But since those are expensive & hard to come by, I settled for this vintage lovely instead. It's amazing how your mind shifts once you see something new & exciting! I was instantly drawn to the color & finish (it's kinda hard to see here, but it's off white/yellow & worn in all the right places). But when I got it home I hated it and had plans to give it a little makeover. Fast forward a couple of days, and I'm in love once again (with no plans to change anything)! The husband, on the other hand, HATES it. In fact, he yells "ugly!!" everytime he passes through the hallway. At first, I laughed and told him to stop calling himself that. But now it's just annoying & I ignore him.

Grand total: $34 (yeah buddy!)

And check out this beauty that I incorporated into the gallery wall...


I did a little switch-a-roo, changing out a framed initial for this amazing sunburst mirror found at a country/general store. There was zero hesitation here. I snatched it up the second I saw it, fingers crossed that it was priced right. And guess what?

Grand total: $18 (boo yeah!)

And last but not least, this frame that I posted about earlier this week...


I found this baby sitting by its lonesome in an antique shop...with no price on it. Which normally isn't a good sign in my experience. But something told me to ask anyway. The woman in the shop said she'd have to look it up or contact the owner for more details. So off I went, continuing to browse the store. I figured if I came back & it was too expensive, I would sadly turn it down. So my socks were knocked right off when she told me the price...

Grand total: $15 (sold!) 

And I'm sure all you smarty pants out there can figure out--from the multi-colored cardboard--that I wasted no time getting my spray paint on. And you would be right. I'll be back tomorrow to share what I've done with it!

And that concludes this episode of deals & steals. Don't you just love a good bargain? Martiyn Lawrence-Bullard, eat your heart out!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished