Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Entryway progress!

So we made some progress on the real, real entryway this weekend. And by "we" I mean, my mom. She's really, really good at this wallpapering thing. And I feared if I bothered to tackle this alone (impossible) or with the husband (hello arguments!) things just weren't going to turn out the way I originally envisioned.

Anyhoo! You may remember the entryway used to look like this...





And now, things are looking like this....






Ahhh! I love it! But it's only just progress at this point. It's kind of hard to tell, but we stopped just past the front door because we ran out of wallpaper. But this really comes as no surprise since I waltzed into Sherwin Williams with half-ass room measurements. And the poor manager had to do his best to figure out just how much I'd need. He even warned me I may not have enough. But since I like to live dangerously, I ordered only one double roll. Consider that a lesson learned....

So let me tell you, wallpapering is intense! And I would know this because I watched. This particular pattern required an identical match up, so needless to say we lost a lot of length in the process. I think my mom said something to the effect of, "you shouldn't have gone with such a detailed pattern". Second lesson learned....

We also had an issue with scratches. We don't know if it was the brush or what, but there are some noticeable dings (if you really take the time to look) where the black rubbed right off the wall. So then we resorted to using an old beach towel for a more smooth application. Third lesson learned... 

Overall, this little space should be relatively easy to finish. Another roll of wallpaper is on its way, a new light fixture needs to be installed, artwork to hang & a console table to find (which is already proving to be difficult). All in good time...which is hopefully soon!

And remember these letters I picked up at the Country Living fair?


I'll be back this week to share what I did with them! I bet you have zero clue what I spelled out...

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished