Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thursday thoughts

Okay, so this post is about to get all sorts of random today. The mind is flowin'...

I'm not on Pinterest. There, I said it. I mean, here's the thing...I'm really bad with time managment these days. Note to self: must learn to say no to more things. Or stop watching too much Real Housewives (NJ, NY, Beverly Hills, Orange County, Atlanta...girl doesn't discriminate). I'm thinking this is the reason I don't get everything done that should. Now let me just state that Pinterest is in fact, amazing. But also a huge time suck. And I don't have much time left to suck. I think the fact that I'm not on Pinterest annoys my cousins to no end. Every once in awhile I get a message or e-mail asking, "why aren't you on Pinterest?" or "did you get my invite to Pinterest yet?". I think they're both trying to tell me something. Bye, bye Housewives....

I am obsessing over this book...


I bought it last month and have been reading it page by page, just dying over all the photos, creative goodness and inspiration. Totally worth the $35 if you ask me. I picked up mine at West Elm, but spotted it at Anthropologie (and I'm sure B&N carries it too). In case there's anyone out there who doesn't have it yet!

Remember how we got a tree removed from our backyard? Here's how things looked in August...



And here's how things look in today...


No, your eyes don't deceive you. These guys still haven't come back to finish their work of removing the stump, adding fill & shaping up the landscaping. They were supposed to show up yesterday and surprise (well, really, no surprise actually) they didn't. It's important to mention that since signing the contract in July (after they no-showed, cancelled or showed up late over the course of 3 times to give me an estimate) their track record for doing work has been pretty much the same. Blood boiling much? I think so. Will these guys get paid on time (after the work gets completed of course)? I think not.

Okay, moving on! Something that's helping to ease my temper today is the discovery of this awesome blog. I aspire to look this good when I'm pregnant one day...


via
Probably not, but a girl can dream.

And that concludes today's random rants and thoughts. Get ready to TGIF!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished