Thursday, August 25, 2011

Batman needs a new mailbox

For those of you who've been reading this blog as of late, you know we have a bat...ahem..."issue". And that the husband is really into bats, bat research, and educational bat videos. If it's bat related, he's educating himself. Which is why he has an MBA. He likes to learn. When it comes to bats, I can't say the same for myself...

At any rate, I give to you the latest photo of Batman...


Yes, that would be the husband standing outside of our house studying the flight pattern of bats. If you look close enough, you can see the worker's gloves and flashlight in hand. He means business!

I thought for sure he was joking, until the following night when my father-in-law showed up to the house & the two of them worked for 3.5 hours sealing up the attic with wire mesh and god knows what else. But before that, it's important to note that they each pulled up a patio chair, sat street side, swapped bat stories with the neighbors (true story) & watched the bats in action before they got to work. And my response to all of this? Better them than me.

So far, so good...no bats have made entry (that we're aware of), but that doesn't mean I'm sittin' pretty. Those jerks can squeeze themselves into just about anything, and our 102 year-old house is no exception. Which makes me wonder....what is it about our house that they like so much?!

In other non-bat related news, why are mailboxes so, so ugly? I came to this realization when visiting Home Depot and Lowes today, in search of better options to replace our current, very ugly mailboxes. Ugly replacing ugly? Clearly, I'm not getting anywhere here.


via
I've had my eye out for something similar to this, after spotting this mailbox during a garden walk this summer (the homeowner was nice enough to get the name of the manufacturer--Ecco--after I told him how much I loved his mailbox...god, I'm getting old).  Anyway, after a little research I decided that I'm not ready to shell out nearly $90 per box (we need 2 of them afterall). And secondly, when it comes right down to it, it's a mailbox for god's sake. A mailbox that's not even visable from the street. So yeah, it's back to the drawing board I go...

Anyway, I'm full of all sorts of things to talk about these days, so I'll be back tomorrow with an update with whats happening around the casa! Thank you, thank you cooler weather....we're actually getting things done around here!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished