Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Million Dollar Decorators

Has anyone else been watching this show? I'll admit, it's not a scheduled recording in our household. But since Bravo repeats episodes of their shows 839 times in one week, I'm definitely caught up.

After watching last night's episode, I couldn't help but think how outrageous this show really is. I know it's been the buzz among a lot of bloggers lately, and funny, most everyone's opinions fall into the same category (well, the blogs I'm reading anyway). I suppose for entertainment purposes, this show is great. But could you justify spending $30,000 on a rug or $15,000 for a mirrored wall hanging (on last night's show), of which Martyn Lawrence-Bullard considers a "bargain"? Yikes! Of course, this is coming from the girl who thinks a $39.99 lamp from HomeGoods is expensive...so what do I know. This is the big leagues folks, definitely not my reality...

via
For what it's worth, I can't say I'm a Martyn Lawrence-Bullard fan. There, I said it. He's obviously good at what he does & has an impressive list of celebrity clients. But did you see how he treated Joe Francis's staff (which, the ridiculousness that is Joe Francis is a whole other discussion for another time)? No thank you, my friends.

via
Now, Mary McDonald on the other hand, I can handle. Her personality is a little big, but with four pugs & an impressive portfolio--including this amazing office--I can certainly deal.


via
And speaking of Bravo (my channel of choice) this guy is coming back. July 6 to be exact...

via
I'm pumped for a new season of Flipping Out. Jeff Lewis & his sarcastic-angry-humor are right up my alley.

...but I still wouldn't let him sell me a $30,000 rug.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished