Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm a smart girl...

..but when it comes to understanding the cost of wallpaper, well, apparently...I am not.

I remember helping my mom wallpaper my bedroom when I was younger. The process didn't appear to be easy, but she was pretty darn good at it (I don't really recall what my role was, other than to watch what a great job she was doing). I do remember going to the store to order the wallpaper--and I'm going out on a limb here--but I'm guessing that whatever we chose was far more cost effective than (my favorite) Kelly Wearstler's Imperial Trellis wallpaper.

I know the verdict is out as to whether or not this pattern is overdone, but I for one love it. It's not going anywhere, anytime soon as far as I'm concerned. We have a small front entryway that would be perfect for this print...but since we don't have the funds to shell out over $200 for a roll (the thought alone makes me sweat), I'm instead posting some fabulous inspirational photos to hold me over.

Bright, green & lovely in Chloe Sevigny's home...


via

Black & white in Monique Lhuillier's bathroom...

via
Loving the bright contrast of colors (and of course, the gallery wall)...

via
A perfect way to line the back of your bookshelves...

via
Black on black, very chic...

via
As an accent wall...

via
Forget the costly wallpaper, how about the impressive DIY stenciled wall over at Hello Gorgeous (oh, the patience!)...


And last but not least, some fabulous dining room chairs thrown in for good measure...



via
 And that chandelier ain't too shabby either.

And with that bit of inspiration...I'm off to enjoy the weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished