Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Give me an "R"!

Our home has seen it's fair share of letter K's come waltzing through the door, so I'm guessing the husband was super confused when I brought home these babies...


You see, a good friend and I have a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch your's" policy. Except neither of us is scratching each other's backs, we're just looking out for one another (duh). So when I spied these letters (her item of request) I snatched them up, shot her a text, and carefully guarded my items within an inch of my life. Although, looking back I don't think the older gentleman with the 8 year-old child (who had come to chat with the sales clerk) was going to fight me for two letter R's. But you never know. It's always best to play it safe.  

After getting the go-ahead to purchase them (and spray them black) we were officially in business. I took the liberty of  leaving the smaller letter as-is, since the silver texture was very cool & vintage-y. But the gold letter got the usual...primer and 2 coats of paint...


I'm happy to report that I had a very pleased client...um, er...friend. She's hosting a gathering at their place this weekend & I can't wait to see where these letters will call home! Hey, maybe that will be an update for next week! Hmmmm, yeah...now I'm thinking. 

I'll be back tomorrow to share details of our master bedroom makeover! I'm still in the very beginning stages of hunting & gathering some goods, but I'm excited to share what I'm working on!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished