Monday, February 13, 2012

Take a tour before

Alright, here we go. I'm keeping good on my promise to show you some before pics of our master bedroom. Things really changed in there this weekend...it's a good thing I thought to take some photos!

So we're going to take it back to the old school & show you what things looked like before putting an offer on the house. With the state of the bedroom the way it was, it's amazing I bothered with that offer in the first place!




Ye-owza (um, and side note...check out the missing door knob on the closet!). It's funny, looking at old photos of our house just boggles my mind. It doesn't even look like the same place! Except, just wait. You're about to see something awfully familiar in the next set of bedroom pics.

So anyhoo! I'm pretty sure when we looked at the house that I declared right then and there this wall color was going, going, gone. And then a funny thing happened. I moved in, the furniture arrived and I didn't hate it so much. And then four years later....



I know, I can't believe it either. I kept the wall color! Once the furniture arrived, the space felt warmer and suddenly not so disgusting afterall. But like all good things, they must come to an end. Things have gotten stale, and it was time for a change. So let's talk about the things that are staying, going, changing, etc....

For starters, the furniture is staying--more specifically, the bed and dresser.



Prints that we bought on the streets of Paris--also staying.




Window treatments (or lack there of) will be added. The husband's chest (where all of his belongings go to die--see?) is also staying.



The nightstands (and lamps)--they're going too. See why we needed an upgrade? These fit the bill for four years, but we really need something more substantial this time around (stay tuned--I scored some new ones this past weekend--finally!--and I'll be posting about those soon).



This chest will likely be going too (but not for good, I'll just moving to another room). I'm not sure it will look so great once the new nightstands are here. This thing is the sister version of the husband's chest--a lot of my belongings die here too (especially after a long day & I'm just too lazy to put anything away...which, you'd be surprised just how often it happens!).


So there you have it! A nice little glimpse into the current state of our master bedroom. Up next--painting and new nightstands!

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished