Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Project Hallway panels

Okay, it's time to share what became of this fabric! Remember?


Duh, of course you do. You read this blog & you've seen this picture no less than 12 times (but I know I never mentioned the fabric is from Anna Marie Horner's Innocent Crush line, now did I?). I commissioned my mom to make simple panels for the lonely little window in the hallway. The window doesn't let in much light on a good day, even without a window treatment. So I was a little worried how the panels would or wouldn't affect things in there. But none-the-less, that boring bare window needed something stat!


I'll spare you the details of how we got to this point (mostly because I don't think the husband would be amused). But let's just say it started with me buying a cheap-ola $5 curtain rod from Christmas Tree Shops, and then the husband climbing up, down, up, down the step ladder, leveling, measuring, drilling, climbing back up, down, up, down the ladder some more, measuring again, drilling again, all the while I was in the background saying helpful things like, "ooooh yeah, that doesn't look right". So needless to say, for obvious reasons, there were no photos of this process.

So the panels were looking okay at this point, but they were blocking out way too much light and I knew I needed something to tie them back. So off to Joann's I went. I came across some great trim (do you know Joann's carries Cynthia Rowley & Project Runway lines? Ooooh, yes please!). Anyway, after much debating I narrowed it down to 3 choices...none of which are C. Rowley or Project Runway, ironically....







In the end I chose option #3. I loved greek key #1 and #2, but there was something about the braided gold that I loved even more. It's not something I'd originally thought to work with, but it spoke to me at the time, so home it came with me!



There was no rhyme or reason to how I tied these back. Really, it's almost ghetto when I tell you I simply hammered a nail in there and voila...instant tie-backs!



I'm still getting used to the fact that we have some sort of treatment for this window. But I love that the fabric adds a pop of color to the gray-black-white color scheme that's happening in there now.

And the good news? The curtain rod & panels are still intact...so, bonus points to the husband for all of his hard work! And who said a cheapy $5 curtain rod isn't legit?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished