Monday, March 21, 2011

Be our guest

Last week I finally got around to some decorating in the 'ol kitchen. It's still a work in progress...but with some collected plates (from Target, Pier 1 & HomeGoods to be exact), super glue & picture hangers...it was an instant way to add decor to an space that's otherwise quite bare at the moment.


I'm not a fan of traditional plate hangers that you can actually see holding a plate in place. So out came the super glue & picture hooks that I already had lying around (or in this case, that my sister had lying around...I take advantage of this landlord-tenant things at times).


At first, things weren't working so well. I had no idea if this method of hanging plates was going to be a good one. I'm not sure why I ever doubted the power of super glue. Because this was the end result...


I'm happy to report that after an entire weekend, the plates are still safely hanging from the wall. No casualties...not yet anyway.

Stay tuned...tomorrow I'll present to you the kitchen island! We're finally tying up the loose ends in this space. Dare I say a reveal might be coming soon?!

1 comment :

  1. Interesting...I didn't even know you took those out of my apartment. Which makes me think...what else are you taking out of there?? I think I need to change my lock...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished