Thursday, March 3, 2011

They say it's your birthday

So today was my birthday. My 34th to be exact. And nope, I'm not one bit shy to admit it. I live by the thought that you're as young as you feel. And I feel great! Well, as long as you're not counting the back pain that set in after 2 long runs earlier this week. In which case, I'm feeling very much 45...

So while I take a break to enjoy what's left of my day, a glass of wine (or two or three...I'm kidding no one here), taco night, and some Newman's Own organic chocolate chip cookies...I thought I'd share a couple of birthday lovelies I gifted to myself. Along with a purse, pair of shoes & a Vera Bradley travel case of course...but seriously, who's keeping track?




So first, let me just say there's a reason HomeGoods exists...and that sole reason is for my shopping delight. Can you believe I got these bowls for $12.99 and $9.99 respectively?! Secondly, I can't quite decide which one I like more. I'd been searching for a fruit bowl for the kitchen for quite some time. I can tell you I'm over the moon happy that the husband talked me out of purchasing that milk glass bowl I found at an antique shop 2 weeks ago. I knew something even more exciting would turn up...and it arrived in the form of this! I love.

The turquoise & gold bowl was the exact element I was looking to add to our coffee table. I'm planning to pair it with a lucite tray (for holding magazines, catalogs & likely our remotes), as well as adding some glass balls to the bowl for a bit more depth & interest.


photos courtesy of CB2

And with that, my friends, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my birthday! Now would someone please pass the wine?!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished