Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new

Long time, no blog!

Around these parts we've officially recovered from the holidays...I think?! We had a wonderful Chrismas weekend filled with lots of family time, gift giving & an absurd consumption of cut out cookies. At this point, it's safe to say I don't care to see another Christmas cookie until 2011. Which could loosely be interpreted to mean either next week or Christmas 2011. Hey, I have zero willpower...I need to keep my options open!

The day after Christmas I wasted no time taking down all the decorations (minus the tree that will go curbside this weekend). I typically wait until after the new year to do so, but this year I got a bit of a jump start. It's out with the old, in with the new! Call me a scrooge, but it was time to give this stuff a rest. The decorations spent the better portion of a month festively adorning our home (while at times competing for space with the contents of our kitchen) and now they're safely tucked away until next year.






My goal for the new year was to use what I already had on hand. By mixing up the placement of certain things it gave our living space a new, fresh feel. I typically give things a home base & then forget that it's okay to change things up! Just because that white vase looked great in the dining room doesn't mean it won't look as good on the mantle (with old branches that I spray painted white...a bonus look at the low, low price of FREE!). I also left the silver ornaments on the mantle & ornament vases on a side table. Afterall, it's still winter...at least until April around here!

So that's how things are looking around here lately! A lot less cluttered, definitely less holiday-ish, and much much cleaner. Now, if only we could do something about that darn snow that's gonna linger for the next few months...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished