Friday, December 17, 2010

Eye catching

Some random thoughts & things that have caught my attention as of late...

Dear husband: I know we promised to only give stocking stuffers (in lieu of big gifts) this year, but as of today I'm officially purchasing a larger stocking to accomodate these new Jonathan Adler books. And since you have yet to start your x-mas shopping, I thought throwing these ideas at you would be an excellent way to start the process. Smooches, your wife.



photos courtesy of Jonathan Adler

These dipped pine cones from Sarah Richardson's Holiday Party are completely unexpected, but a great twist on unconventional holiday decor. Sometimes it's okay to step outside of the box! For the record, that special was awe-some. Then again, anything Sarah Richardson can be described as such.


I had my heart set on this light fixture for the kitchen (with it's flushmount twin sister for the pantry)


photo courtesy of Lamps Plus
Unfortunately, phrases such as "soft glow" & "takes one 100 watt bulb" are not things I'm looking for when it comes to lighting in the kitchen. Sigh. Moving on. Possibly to this?

photo courtesy of Overstock

Anything would be better than the ugly fixture that's currently in there. But I'm finding that I'm only "in like" with many of the fixtures I've come across. While this isn't our forever home & I'm hoping to not break the bank when it comes to making a lighting purchase...I'd at least like to love what I pick, you know? I'm telling you, it's the agony of making a decision that's going to kill me!

On that note, I'm off to finish my shopping, do some wrapping & finish some painting (or at the very least, make a sizable dent!). Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished