Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This and that

I'm loving anything chevron these days--which (I never knew) is also known as herringbone. Is that an embarrassing admission?! Man, is my crafty, sewing mother going to kill me for not knowing that one! Eh, you learn something new everyday, right? At any rate, here is some great chevron inspiration...

DIY canvases from Make Under My Life:

photo courtesy of Make Under My Life via Decor8

DIY curtains by Kristen Davis Designs:


Made By Girl's chevron rug & calling cards (which you can order directly from her site):


photo courtesy of Made By Girl via Decor8

photo courtesy of Made By Girl
 
A collage of chevron goodness from (the now defunct) Domino:


photos courtesy of Decor8
I've been seeing a lot of DIY chevron projects out there, which I'm interested in trying. They seem relatively simple given the straight forward design. But the online tutorials I've seen seem SO involved...even when the DIY'r in question tells you it's easy. If ever there was a person to screw this one up, it would certainly be me! Although, at this point it would be totally foolish of me to start another project around here (especially with the holidays in full swing). I guess this would be filed under "things to do in 2011"!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished